local143

Engineers

I talked to CPS operations and have been  asked that,  Engineers who are working today Sunday Feb 11 for weekend functions are to follow the snow command procedures for snow removal. Engineers who are not working today are to report to work tomorrow Monday Feb 12 at 5 am and follow the snow command procedures to insure safe access to the school buildings.

Fratenally

Bill Iacullo

The next regular meeting is as follows

 

NOTICE NEW TIME

 

THURSDAY FEBRUARY 8, 2018

 6:00  PM

DUNBAR HIGH SCHOOL

 

 

 

Local 143 -143B Gives thanks to all our Veteran Members as well as all Veterans who have served our great county and made it possible for all of us to enjoy the freedoms we cherish.

 

 

Phase 1 engineers have recieved notices about the transition to the IFM. This notice states engineers in Phase will be laid off. There was some communication about cashing in grandfather sick days. The CPS is stating that in order to cash in grandfather dyas if you are eligible, you must resign. That is correct. However the CPS further said the engineers in Phase 1 eligible for cashing grandfather sick days, they must resign within two weeks of the layoff. While this may be a CPS policy, our contract allows you up to 12 months to resign and cash in your grandfather days It is section 11-4.1 of the contract. I have brought this to CPS attention.

Fraternally,
Bill

ENGINEERS

To get copies of your certificates I have set up an email account that will be monitored by Brother Anthony DeBartolo.

CERTS@local143.org

provide the following

Full Name
Requested Certificate Name
Date Course taken
Cell Number

Engineers,

I have received multiple calls and emails about the Green Sheet posted at 4:05pm yesterday FRIDAY MARCH 10th by CPS.

As you know, CPS has a contractual obligation to send all these types of communications to me first and I have 2 business days to review. The CPS did indeed send this Green Sheet to me asked me to review it. However I was NOT afforded the 2 days to review. It was sent to me at 11:30 am yesterday FRIDAY MARCH 10th. Before I had a chance to review and advise the CPS of what concerns this would raise, they violated our agreement and posted the GREEN SHEET anyway regardless of the contract terms. To be clear, I did not respond with comments to CPS about this Green Sheet that was sent to me just 4 hours before they posted it. Obviously there is some reason that CPS felt they did not have to honor our contract with regards to this and had to rush this announcement posting.

This having been said, Please note that you should not make any decision as to remaining at the school you are presently working in during Phase 1 and becoming a privatized employee by resigning from CPS in this 1st phase until the Union has gotten the questions critical to your decision answered by CPS. It is only fair to you that the issues and questions I have raised to CPS are answered before you are rushed into a decision. These questions have to date not been answered.

I am tentatively scheduling a meeting to assist you in this critical decision for next Saturday. I will notify all members of the time and place. Remember do not discuss your decisions with anyone except your union.  As always, it is  your union that has your best interests with regards to your employment.

FACTS:

  • The seniority date posted here on our website is the ONLY date to be used to determine your transition options. This is decision in PHASE 1 would be difficult at best to make until CPS answers our concerns.
  • You do not have to stay at the school you are presently working in Phase 1.
  • You will be afforded another chance to transition is Phase 2 if you choose to stay a CPS employee thought 2018
  • If you stay with CPS you will receive the 2% increase in pay on July 1, 2017 as per the contract and this increase will count towards your pension.
  • If you stay an employee of CPS and leave the school you are working at that is part of Phase 1, your salary scale will be same as the school you leave regardless of the size of the building you will work.

I remain Fraternally Yours,

Bill Iacullo, President

 

ENGINEERS

 

Please find the attached seniority list. Please note this seniority is time worked in a LOCAL 143  bargaining unit position not your entire CPS employment seniority where you might have worked in other positions in CPS that were not part of this bargaining unit

March 2017 Master Seniority

 

Please don’t forget the Union Meeting tonight.

Fraternally

Bill Iacullo, President

The next regular membership meeting is

 

THURSDAY MARCH 9, 2017

7:00PM

DUNBAR HS

Please make every effort to attend

 

Fraternally,

Bill Iacullo, President

Engineers,

 

This is the updated list with the additional schools added that were not provided to the union in the original communications over the weekend from the CPS.

PHASE-1-zones-and-schools on union web REVISED 3-7-2017

 

Also, Please check this web site daily for updates and the time and place of the special meeting to discuss your options either to remain in Phase 1 or use your seniority to wait until phase 2.

A seniority listing should be available later today or tomorrow morning.

Fraternally,

Bill Iacullo, President

Engineers,

Below is the listing of the schools in Phase 1 of this transition for July 01, 2017. Remember, do not talk about any transition to anyone until the Union advises you.

I am scheduling a special meeting  with in the next week to discus your options. This special meeting will be a separate meeting from the upcoming Union meeting. If you are at any of the schools in phase 1 you need to attend the Union’s special meeting that will be announced on Monday on this website.

NOTE: Contrary to rumors, Your seniority rights are in tact. A new seniority list will be posted on this web site this week.

If you choose to use your seniority to bypass Phase 1 and remain a CPS employee, you will be offered employment at a school in Phase 2 in July of 2018.

 

PHASE 1 SCHOOLS and ZONES

 

Fraternally,

Bill Iacullo, President